POSITION SUMMARY: Provides support and advocacy to clients and their families within the community to educate and promote healthy lifestyles.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides individual, family, and/or group therapy and counseling for residential adult clients (Master’s level only).
- Provides population and age-specific case management services to clients, including assessment, linking/coordinating, monitoring, reassessment, follow-up, service plan development, resource development, transportation, and advocacy.
- Participates with staff in the development review and the delivery of treatment plans.
- Provides brief clinical management of individuals and/or families in crisis and, when necessary, conducts emergency crisis intervention and facilitates psychiatric hospitalizations.
- Provides support to clients and families in identifying and accessing services as decided by the treatment plan.
- Maintain required case management documentation.
- Coordinates services on behalf of clients and/or families with supportive agencies and/or caretakers.
- Participates in in-service training, clinical supervision, consultations, utilization review meetings, and other meetings.
- Participates with staff and conducts client group meetings related to substance abuse and mental health recovery.
- Communicates with the public regarding mental health needs and services in the community.
- Supervises students and/or volunteers as mutually agreed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in a related mental health services field.
WORK EXPERIENCE: One to two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health and substance abuse services field is preferred.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Must have licensure in the State of Michigan in a related mental health profession or an individual with a related mental health degree hired and performing in a similar role prior to January 1, 2008. Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and access to a vehicle to use for agency business.
- Occasional requirements: Lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying up to 25 pounds. Climbing, kneeling, stooping, and bending.
- Frequent requirements: Sitting and walking for long periods of time. Short/medium length car trips, getting in and out of the vehicle, going up and down the stairs.
- Frequent requirements: Attention to detail/concentration on figures, paperwork, data, etc. Pressures related to meeting deadlines, fulfilling scheduling requirements, etc. Simultaneous handling of multiple projects. Distracting influences such as people, telephone calls, noises, and so forth. Intermittent or cyclical work pressures.
Program: Residential Support Services
Unit: Lincoln Park and Taylor Outpatient
Reports To: Outpatient Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Union: Mental Health Clinician II/III Scale or Bachelor’s/Master’s Two-Scale. Contract: The rate of pay is determined by a contractual arrangement.