POSITION SUMMARY: Provides supportive services to members by handling projects, promoting healthy lifestyles and generating vocational activities that produce a sense of meaning and purpose in a psychosocial setting.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Forms working relationships with consumer members and facilitates the day-to-day functioning of the work units.
- Creates activities that challenge and develop skills and confidence in members.
- Generalists are expected to spend 60% of their time in their unit or doing unit based tasks, side by side with clubhouse members.
- Assists with special interest groups by providing support for after-hours socialization.
- Assists in developing and monitoring the progress of members’ treatment goals and objectives.
- Maintains all daily and periodic documentation and reports, reflecting the dynamic progress towards a member’s recovery in relation to the clubhouse experience, community involvement, and the delivery of PSR services.
- Secures, sustains and develops employment opportunities for members through independent, supported, and the transitional employment jobs, coordinated by staff.
- Coordinates services on behalf of clients and/or families with supportive agencies and/or caretakers.
- Provides brief crisis management.
- Provides referrals and information regarding resources and monitors/documents results.
- Provides transportation as needed for employment development and community integration activities.
- Participates in in-service training, clinical supervision, case staffing, consultations, utilization review meetings, and other job related meetings.
- Communicates with the public regarding mental health recovery and the need for appropriate, stigma free services in the community.
- Supervises students and/or volunteers as mutually agreed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION: Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree in a related mental health services field preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE: One to two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health and substance abuse services field is preferred.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License to be able to gain access to a vehicle to use for agency business. Must obtain specialized certification from an accredited program within six months of employment; specialized certification from an accredited program.
- Occasional requirements: Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 25 pounds and walking.
- Frequent requirements: Sitting for long periods of time and working in confined areas.
- Occasional requirements: Irregularity of work hours required by evening rotation and week end assignments.
- Frequent requirements: Attention to detail/concentration on figures, paperwork, data, etc. Pressures related to meeting deadlines, fulfilling program scheduling requirements, etc. Simultaneous handling of multiple projects and member’s needs. Local travel and outside weather conditions. Exposure to clients who may carry contagious illness or cause bodily harm. Work hours during evenings, weekends and holidays may be required as governed by the labor contract.
Program: Turning Point Clubhouse
Unit: Extended Services
Reports To: Turning Point Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt