POSITION SUMMARY: Provides both secretarial and clerical support to the assigned program and/or unit.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides customer service including telephone coverage and monitoring of the receptionist area.
- Assists clients with program information and directs them throughout the building.
- Creates and maintains an efficient filing system of program and client information.
- Serves as minute taker at program meetings and type correspondence from dictation or written copy.
- Facilitates the flow of information including phone calls, mail, and ordering supplies.
- Records and enters data electronically and prepares various reports as needed.
- Maintains and organizes an efficient daily work schedule/calendar of staff members to facilitate the flow of appointments.
- Facilitates the flow of medical record information including, but not limited to, releases, scanning, and related items.
- Types physician notes/evaluations from dictation or written copy.
- Attends and participates in relevant meetings and activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Six months to one year of experience in related jobs is preferred.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Ability to enter data with at least 6500 ksph and 95% accuracy. Proficient with productivity software and ability to use general office equipment. Good command of grammar and phone skills are essential.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required.