JOB SUMMARY: Provide intake, screening, assessment, counseling, crisis intervention, case management, and supportive services to individuals, families, and groups.
- Conducts initial intakes.
- Provides population and age-specific individual, family, and/or group therapy and counseling.
- Provides clinical management of individuals and/or families in crisis and facilitates psychiatric hospitalization.
- Assists the case manager when needed to provide in-office services to clients, including assessment, linking/coordinating, monitoring, reassessment, follow-up, resource development, and advocacy.
- Provides case management services to clients, including assessment, linking/coordinating, monitoring, reassessment, follow-up, resource development, and advocacy.
- Participates with all pertinent staff in the development, review, and delivery of treatment and advocacy.
- Provides periodic assessment of client needs, develops treatment plans with input from the client and significant others, summarizes treatment progress, and completes discharge summaries.
- Maintains all clinical documentation pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment, and delivery of services.
- Acts as liaison between other agencies, hospitals, legal authorities, caretakers, as well as other medical personnel in order to coordinate care and give/gather information.
- Participates in in-service training, clinical supervision, case staffing, consultations, and other meetings.
- Communicates with the public regarding mental health needs and services in the community.
- Supervises students and/or volunteers as mutually agreed upon.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Master’s Degree in a related mental health services field.
WORK EXPERIENCE: One to two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health services field is preferred. Experience in the substance abuse field is desired.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Must have licensure in the State of Michigan in a related mental health profession. Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License. Must be a reliable CAFAS and PECAS rater within three months of employment and must be CMHP credentialed. Must have access to a vehicle to use for agency business. Must be able to fulfill on-call/crisis responsibilities.
Job Title: Therapist
Program: Outpatient and ACT
Unit: Lincoln Park and Taylor Outpatient; Extended Services
Reports To: Outpatient Manager and/or Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources Director