Provides both medical and clerical support to the assigned program and/or unit.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies client information by interviewing client; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit, preparing charts, pre-admission, and consent forms.
- Prepares clients by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting client history summary.
- Report any abnormal findings, changes, or verbal reporting of complaints, to the prescriber.
- Secures client information and maintains client confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping client information confidential.
- Assists nurses with the documentation and completion of prior authorizations needed for prescribed medications; facilitates communication between the pharmacy, doctors, and consumers as needed.
- Assist with follow-up of the medical records requests to physicians, nurses, clinicians for completion of documents or review and signature and works collaboratively with external primary care physicians for an integrated health focus.
- Records and enters data, electronically prepares and monitors various reports as needed.
- Maintains and organizes an efficient daily work schedule/calendar of nursing staff members to facilitate the flow of appointments.
- Maintain health measurement equipment as required by policy.
- Attends and participates in relevant meetings and activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; certified in the field preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 6 months experience in a related position is required.
- Proficient with productivity software, ability to use general office equipment; good communication skills for in-person and phone interactions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required.