Promotes and restores client’s health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of patient care. Developing staff, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs, provides physical and psychological support to patients and their support team.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses.
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning nursing and staff; following up on work results.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provides information to patients and the health care team by answering questions and requests.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from other health care professionals as needed.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Maintains daily and periodic nursing reports about the diagnosis, assessment, treatment, and delivery of services.
- Provides initial and periodic nursing assessments and follows through on scheduling any medical intervention as needed.
- Participates with other staff members in the medication review process and interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Coordinates services on behalf of clients and transports/escorts clients to appointments as needed.
- Participates in the daily report and team treatment, plans meetings as well as in-service training, case staffing, case consultation, clinical supervision, utilization review, and other related meetings as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse License. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required.