POSITION SUMMARY: Provides advanced clinical nursing care to a select population of clients. Provides guidance and expertise for intake health history. Collaborates with the psychiatrist to provide psychiatric evaluation, med reviews, and works with team members to recommend program placement and coordinate interim treatment planning. Improves clinical staff quality of care through consultation with and education of nursing personnel, clients, and their significant others.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with psychiatrists to provide treatment services on individuals screened as appropriate for services.
- Initiates treatment for clients with psychiatric health problems by using a systematic approach to behavioral health history and appraisal.
- Prescribes, coordinates, delegates, and evaluates care.
- Provides short term crisis intervention.
- Plans appropriate care utilizing community resources and acts as a liaison by relaying information necessary for continuity of care to other health professionals and agencies.
- Advises clientele about health problems in an individual, family, or group settings.
- Provides assistance to clientele in making optimum use of agency services.
- Performs any and all duties of a Registered Nurse as detailed in the Registered Nurse job description.
- Participates in the daily report and team treatment, plans meetings as well as in-service training, case staffing, case consultation, clinical supervision, utilization review, and other related meetings as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Working knowledge of the science, principles, procedures, techniques, trends, and literature of nursing, mental health, co-occurring, and substance abuse disorders.
- Two years of progressively more responsible experience in the mental health and substance abuse services field is preferred.
Program: All programs
Unit: All units
Reports To: Director of Psychiatric Services
FLSA Status: Contractual, 24-30 hours per week
Salary Range: Rate of pay is determined by contractual arrangement.