Assist the clients in being medically compliant and as healthy as possible.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains medication from the pharmacy and verifies that the drugs are accounted for and are accurately dispensed.
- Perform injections of medication.
- Maintains accurate records of clients’ medications and monitors medication compliance of clients.
- Maintains daily and periodic nursing reports about diagnosis, assessment, treatment, and delivery of services.
- Provides initial and periodic nursing assessments and following through on scheduling any medical intervention as needed.
- Schedule psychiatric appointments and assist psychiatrists with treatment and monitor clients for decompensation.
- Maintains the medication room by storing, monitoring, and disposing of medications.
- Participates with other staff members in the medication review process and interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Coordinates services on behalf of clients and transports/escorts clients to appointments as needed.
- Participates in the daily report and team treatment, plans meetings as well as in-service training, case staffing, case consultation, clinical supervision, utilization review, and other related meetings as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree in Nursing
Two to four years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health services field is preferred.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and access to a vehicle to use for agency business. State of Michigan Registered Nurse License
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required.