Job Summary: Provide counseling, therapeutic, crisis intervention and supportive services to individuals, families, and groups.
- Provides individual, family, group, play activity therapy and counseling for CRC clients.
- Provides brief clinical management of individuals and/or families in crisis.
- Conducts emergency crisis intervention and facilitates psychiatric hospitalization.
- Maintains all daily and periodic clinical reports pertaining to diagnosis, treatment and delivery of services.
- Provides periodic assessment of client needs, develops treatment plans with input from client and significant others, summarizes treatment progress and completes discharge summaries.
- Coordinates services on behalf of clients and/or families with supportive agencies and/or caretakers.
- Participates in in-service training, clinical supervision, case staffing, consultations, utilization review meetings, and other job related meetings.
- Communicates with the public regarding mental health needs and services in the community.
Knowledge and Education: Masters Degree in a related mental health services field.
Work Experience: Two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health services field is preferred. Experience in the substance abuse field is required.
Location: Lincoln Park and Taylor Outpatient