POSITION SUMMARY: Provides support to the initial intake process for prospective clients by receiving and processing information by way of a phone screen.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a log of calls received for intake appointments.
- Conducts pre-admission interviews via a phone screen and enters that data into the CRIS system.
- Transfer screenings from Wayne County system to the CRIS system.
- Verify client insurance information including eligibility and coverage levels.
- Schedules intake appointments for the Intake Therapists.
- Establishing a calendar in the Wayne County MHWIN system for available appointments.
- Coordinating referrals and paperwork from foster care agencies.
- Organizing and distributing hospital discharges for walk-in appointments.
- Process internal and external referrals as needed.
- Receive and process pertinent information from outside stakeholders.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains hospitalization files and reports, authorization logs, and documentation for tracking client services.
- Collect, record, and provide data and reports to supervisor as needed.
- Attends job-related meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Six months to one year of experience in related jobs is preferred.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Ability to enter data in at least 6500 ksph and 95% accuracy and experience using word processing software. Good command of grammar and phone skills are essential.
Job Title: Secretary
Unit: Lincoln Park Outpatient
Reports To: Outpatient Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources Director