POSITION SUMMARY: Provide counseling, therapeutic, crisis intervention, and supportive services to individuals with substance use disorder.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides individual and group therapy and counseling for clients.
- Provides brief clinical management of individuals and/or families in crisis.
- Conducts emergency crisis intervention and facilitates psychiatric hospitalization.
- Maintains all daily and periodic clinical reports pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment, and delivery of services.
- Provides a periodic assessment of client needs, develops treatment plans with input from the client and significant others, summarizes treatment progress, and completes discharge summaries.
- Coordinates services on behalf of clients and/or families with supportive agencies and/or caretakers.
- Participates in in-service training, clinical supervision, case staffing, consultations, utilization review meetings, and other job-related meetings.
- Communicates with the public regarding mental health needs and services in the community.
- Supervises graduate/undergraduate students and/or volunteers as mutually agreed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have successfully completed the CAADC or have Development Plan in place.
- MSW with Limited License or Full License.
Two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health services field is preferred. Experience in the substance abuse field is required.
Program: Substance Abuse Center
Unit: Lincoln Park and Taylor Outpatient
Reports To: Outpatient Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time Direct Hire Only
Salary Range: $36,609.41 – $44,205.25