POSITION SUMMARY: Provide counseling, therapeutic, crisis intervention, and supportive services to individuals, families, and groups.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides individual, family, group, play activity therapy and counseling for CRC clients.
- Provides brief clinical management of individuals and/or families in crisis.
- Conducts emergency crisis intervention and facilitates psychiatric hospitalization.
- Maintains all daily and periodic clinical reports pertaining to diagnosis, treatment, and delivery of services.
- Provides periodic assessment of client needs, develops treatment plans with input from the client and significant others, summarizes treatment progress and completes discharge summaries.
- Coordinates services on behalf of clients and/or families with supportive agencies and/or caretakers.
- Participates in in-service training, clinical supervision, case staffing, consultations, utilization review meetings, and other job-related meetings.
- Communicates with the public regarding mental health needs and services in the community.
- Supervises graduate/undergraduate students and/or volunteers as mutually agreed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION: Masters Degree in a related mental health services field.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health services field is preferred. Experience in the substance abuse field is required.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and access to a vehicle to use for agency business. Must have successfully completed the CAADC or have Development Plan in place.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Occasional student or volunteer when mutually agreed upon.
- Occasional requirements: Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 25 pounds and walking.
- Frequent requirements: Sitting for long periods of time and working in confined areas.
- Occasional requirements: Irregularity of work hours because of evening rotation.
- Frequent requirements: Attention to detail/concentration on figures, paperwork, data, etc. Pressures related to meeting deadlines, fulfilling scheduling requirements, etc. Simultaneous handling of multiple projects. Distracting influences such as people, telephone calls, noises and so forth. Intermittent or cyclical work pressures. Exposure to clients who may carry contagious illness or cause bodily harm.
Program: Substance Abuse Center
Unit: Lincoln Park and Taylor Outpatient
Reports To: Outpatient Manager
FLSA Status: Commissioned Based or Independent Contractor