Cooking Matters Workshop
Community Care Services is hosting a FREE “Cooking Matters” workshop as part of our Mental Health Awareness Month activities.
Join CCS and Gleaners Community Food Bank for an informative workshop and cooking demonstration on how to maximize grocery shopping and healthy food choices without breaking the bank and prepare healthy and delicious meals at home all while sticking to a limited budget. Register here.
May 7, 2018
Turning Point Clubhouse (1605 Fort Street, Lincoln Park MI 48146)
The workshop is FREE but limited to the first 60 registrants. Register for your spot today!
Register online. To register by phone call Jan at 313-389-7545.
A FREE workshop teaching skills for buying healthy foods on a limited budget.
During the presentation, you’ll practice skills like:
- buying fruits and vegetables on a budget
- comparing unit prices to find bargains
- reading and comparing food labels
- identifying whole grains
- preparing healthy, delicious meals at home
- and sticking to your budget!
You will receive:
- a FREE book full of tasty recipes and simple tips on buying healthy, low-cost foods
- a FREE reusable grocery bag
- a $10 grocery store gift card
- Samples of healthy recipes