We're here to help

If you are seeking help from Community Care Services you can call us at 313-389-7500 or request a call back from one of our access staff.


If there is an immediate risk of injury or death, please call 911. For a suicide prevention hotline, please call 1-(844)-623-4347.


Do you take walk-in customers?

Walk-ins are accepted for urgent situations. For non-urgent situations typically an appointment will be scheduled for a later date.

How do I access services at Community Care Services?

The first step is a screening. You can call our Access Center at 313-389-7500. You will answer a series of questions to help determine appropriate services. If eligible, an intake appointment will be scheduled to further access your needs.

What are the eligibility requirements?
  • Demonstrate medical need for services
  • Have Medicaid or private insurance (If you do not have insurance, we will direct you to a Medicaid application)
Will I see a doctor during my first visit?

At your first appointment, which is an intake appointment, you will meet with a clinician who will complete an evaluation to determine the services you need. Expect this appointment to last approximately 1 hour. During this visit an appointment with appropriate healthcare professionals will be scheduled.

How much will it cost?

If you have Medicaid or Healthy Michigan Plan typically there is no out of pocket cost to you. Each insurance policy has its own individual co-pay and deductible requirements.

What types of insurance do you accept?

Aetna Plan
Blue Care Network Advantage Plan
Blue Care Network
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Cigna Plan
Co‐finity Network
CompCare Plan
Coventry Care
Fidelis Secure Care
First Health
HAP (Health Alliance Plan)
HAP Senior Plus
Health Plus
Medicare Plus Blue
Midwest Advantage Plan
Meridian Health Plan
Molina Health Care Plan
NGS American Inc.
Railroad Medicare
SEMCA (The Southeast Michigan Community Alliance)
Teamsters Blue Cross
Total Health Care
United Behavioral Health
Value Options

Medicaid HMO’s
Midwest Health
Priority Health
Total Health Care


Do you have a number for the hearing impaired?

Yes. Telecommunications Relay Service – Dial 711

How do I become a member of Turning Point Clubhouse?

To apply for Turning Point Clubhouse membership please contact Sue Pinson at spinson@comcareserv.org. Click here for more information Turning Point Clubhouse membership eligibility.

Is transportation available if I need it?

Limited transportation services are available. Discuss your transportation concerns with your case manager or other care staff.

Do you offer childcare services?

Limited childcare is available for those receiving Women’s Intensive Outpatient Program services.

Do you have an on-site pharmacy?

There is a Genoa pharmacy located in the Lincoln Park outpatient lobby. The pharmacy can fill all your prescriptions, including those from other doctors. Genoa accepts most major insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid.

Phone: (734) 333-7027
Fax: (313) 329-6365

Monday: 9am – 6:30pm
Tuesday – Thursday: 9am – 5:30pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm

How do I refer someone to Community Care Services?

We accept referrals from a variety of resources including schools, doctor offices, and mental health professionals. Concerned family or friends may call to inquire about services, but anyone over the age of 18 who serve as their own guardian will have to call to make their own appointment. Parents or legal guardians can make appointments for anyone under the age of 18.

Is my information kept private?

We have a comprehensive privacy policy that protects your rights as a patient. Click here to review our Privacy Policy.

What are my recipient rights?

The Recipient Rights Office is a resource for community mental health customers, staff, and service providers. The Recipient Rights Office investigates allegations of abuse, neglect and other rights violations as identified in the Michigan Mental Health Code.

What is Person Centered Planning?

A plan that outlines what you want to accomplish during treatment; it is developed as a joint effort of yourself, your healthcare professional and people you choose. Your right to direct your treatment planning process is guaranteed by the Michigan Mental Health Code. (Chapter 7, 330.1712)

What is the Medicaid Fair Hearing Process?

If you are a Wayne County Medicaid recipient, receiving Medicaid covered services in mental health or substance abuse treatment you have the right to a fair and efficient process for resolving your complaints. Your Right to a Fair Hearing

If needed, how would I file a formal complaint?

If you feel Community Care Services has violated your rights or you have quality of care concerns you can file a formal complaint with the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority or the Joint Commission.

To report patient rights violations to the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority regarding treatment services at Community Care Services, please use this form DWMHA Recipient Rights Complaint Form or call Office of Recipient Rights at (888) 339-5595 or TTY (888) 339-5588.

To report any safety or quality of care concerns to the Joint Commission regarding treatment services at Community Care Services, please visit their website at Joint Commission or call Customer Service at 630-792-5800

Where are you located?

We have four locations in the downriver area, each offering specific services. See the Locations for more information about services offered at each location.